Go Back   Jax R/C Forums > Main Foum > Events
  Lost password?

Old 05-17-2009, 05:46 PM
New Visitor

Default Fire!!!!!

I, would like to take a moment to thank everyone who helped out in the fire on my airplane. I'm not sure what caused the explosion of the battery. Everything was brand new. the plane,esc,motor,battery,triton eq charger. Maybe I should not have charged the battery in the plane, but the front of the plane was open, the bottom hatch were the battery goes in was off, so I don't know it was heat. The plane was a total loss, But the important thing is no one was hurt. If the battery was charging out of the plane, there would have been major damage to others and equipment. So maybe it was good I was charging the battery in the plane. I want to give a special thanks to Andy for quick thinking of the fire extingquisher. And all who helped cean up the mess. This is a great hobby and its very nice to have friends who is willing to help whenever its needed.
Thank you
Randy
Old 05-17-2009, 06:08 PM
jaxrotor

Sorry for your loss of the model. Thanks to everyone reacting to the situation,it was under control quickly.

There is now a fire extinguisher on the pole opposite the charging table and at the impound box and the kitchen.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:30 AM
Club Member

If you really want to be safe get a LIPO sack to charge you battery inside. It will contain any fire.

Dave
Old 05-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Club Member

True but it wouldn't be half as exciting!